Monday, September 28, 2020

Through Media a New Message emerges




"We have become aware of the possibility of arranging the entire human environment as a work of art"

        -Marshall McLuhan


With my photos I tried take things that are art and/ or supposed to be seen as art. I took these images that artist intentionally put took them out of their context creating new meaning for them. 



Something like this poster was curated by an artist. However, by using the tool thought in McLuhan's book The Media is the Message I have been able to take advantage of the medium my photos are being presented on, Flicker,  and editing the photo I am able to change the meaning of the photo. Thereby taking the photo away from the original intentions by the artist and making my own.



Also taking photos the artist may not even have considered to be art, because it does not exist in the conventional form.  McLuhan highlights in his book to "become aware of the possibility of arranging the entire human environment as a work of art". The arrangement of these trees where an intentional design made by an artist who at the time did not know the sky would line up with their design add to their art. 


Link to Flicker 

1 comment:

  1. Awaaa this is beautiful. I love the energy and vibes the color brings. Almost like a home scented candle.

    ReplyDelete

Blue

 https://youtu.be/vb8v2Ivh1ek